NET-A-PORTER is an established global Internet retailer of cutting edge luxury fashion labels relied upon for its exceptional quality of service and eye for the next big thing. With an expanding domestic and global market, and revenues increasing month on month, critical strategic change is on the agenda, in order for us to achieve the objective of dominating our sector as a truly successful force in online retail.
An opportunity has opened up for a German speaking Personal Shopper to join the growing Personal Shopping team. The role is primarily sales orientated, and will involve creating relationships with customers through managing their enquiries, as well as managing waiting lists for most wanted items. Most importantly, you will provide exceptional service levels to ensure that our customers enjoy the best shopping experience, the latest trends and best designs - where ever they are!
"The first etailer to hammer out pacts with Chloe, Pucci and Marni to sell their goods in cyberspace" WWD
Reporting to Department Manager, to be responsible for the following activities:
- Build active relationships with V.I.P customers and drive pre-sales
- Have a proactive sales approach combined with excellence and consistency of service to internal and external customers
- Support the customer care team to resolve V.I.P customer issues as necessary
- To actively promote department functions to clientele through excellence and consistency of customer service, thereby encouraging growth of one-to-one relationships with customers
- To maximise pre-sales opportunities through customer communication and waiting list management
Customer Relationship Management:
Monitor orders file to ensure awareness of customer shopping patterns.
- Refer to customer records to develop individual customer in addition to analysis from customer insight and the marketing analyst
- Use profiles to identify proactive sales opportunities and build lasting relationships with customers
- Recognise and record INTL Hot Contacts; build relationships with them and migrate their accounts to V.I.P level
- Develop relationships with I.Ps to migrate them to the V.I.P segment
- Waiting List Management (pre-reservations)
- Maintain personal sales orientation
- Ensure that sales leads are identified and prioritised as well as create and implement new selling ideas to ensure sales targets are met
- Maximise use of HTML emails and custom lists as part of daily email correspondence
- Increase spend of individuals and develop customer loyalty through understanding customer's style needs: identify link sale opportunities for requested items, suggest additional pieces to their taste from weekly uploads
- Ensure prompt follow up activity with customers acquired through Personal Shopping Events/Promotions to build lasting relationships
Maintenance of Product and Business awareness:
- Work closely with Xtracker, Look Books and the Retail team to ensure maximum knowledge of forthcoming stock availability to for customer benefit
- Communicate any waiting list / customer request patterns to Managers as well as completing highlights and key points for weekly management report
- Record email stats on a daily basis so that business patterns can be recognised and acted on by management
- Maintain general level of market competitor awareness on and off line through reference to other websites and editorial, as well as seasonal comparative shop in London
- Assist with and participate V.I.P events and marketing / partnership events as required
- Ensure product arrival notification emails are sent, special orders processed and other team member's workload is covered in their absence
- To work alongside team on seasonal customer mailouts
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Previous experience as a senior sales assistant with client book / personal shopper for a luxury fashion brand essential
- Extensive knowledge of the current trends and fashions within women wear
- Excellent communication skills, specifically with regard to building relationships with customers
- Excellent keyboard and written skills, articulate with good spelling and grammar
- Numerate with strong computer literacy particularly in Excel and Outlook
- You will need to be able to write and speak German fluently
- Ability to work hard and play hard, as part of a growing team
- Excellent eye for detail and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines.
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the customer experience and drive sales
- Must have the confidence to contribute ideas to the working processes at NET-A-PORTER - even those outside your day-to-day remit
You will be based at our Head office in, London, W12 - however you will need to visit our Distribution Centre in London, SE7 from time to time.
To apply please click here.
Please mention Fashion Monitor when applying for this position.