Rare opportunity to join a fashion start-up as site editor.
MTV is expanding its presence in the digital fashion lifestyle arena and is looking for a brilliant, creative digital fashion editor to get their hands dirty and build this baby from the ground up.
The role will be responsible for delivering high quality, creative content to the site every day with the support of an Assistant Editor, photo and video team.
You will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief to ensure the content strategy is implemented, contributing to a successful launch with inspiring editorial ideas daily.
You will have an excellent network in the London fashion & media industries, and have experience editing a high profile online fashion site and have a unique passion for MTV's take on pop culture, fashion, style, music and entertainment. You crave the opportunity to make your mark on the digital fashion landscape and love to dig out unusual and emerging style.
- Adding content to, and managing the site daily
- Implementing the editorial strategy
- creating an editorial schedule
- creating and commissioning new and innovative content including copy, video and photos
- sub-editing freelance and colleague content
- Managing freelancers and Assistant Editor
- Developing a style guide, content and freelance guidelines
- Contributing to a successful launch
- Contributing to commercial projects
- Social media engagement
- Become a brand ambassador for MTV Style
- Cover or commission cover of out of hours events
- Working with the editor-in-chief to develop ad hoc commercial offerings for the site
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Experience managing a fashion/lifestyle website at editor level
- Outstanding ability to write engaging, accurate and error-free copy in a timely manner
- Expert understanding of the speed and requirements of the news cycle including SEO
- Expert understanding of the key attributes of digital journalism including video and image management
- Extensive online/digital experience
- Passion for and in-grained experience of social media tools
- Solid connections in the London fashion industry
- Expert understanding of the fashion industry and fashion media
- Experience managing a team and working on your own
- Experience with content management systems
- Innate ability to identify and embrace emerging stories, trends, music and fashion icons
- Solid understanding of commercial/creative editorial requirements
- Experience of print and other areas of the fashion industry a bonus but not required
- Creative flare, out-of-the-box thinking, and passion for the emerging side of fashion, music, and lifestyle
- Knowledge of and affinity for MTV's history and style
- Desire and willingness to launch an online site from scratch
- A smart wit with a sense of humour and a love of working within a great team
Role will be London based but position could require travel.
Click here to apply:
Please mention Fashion Monitor when applying for this position.