London (Negotiable/Dependent on Experience)
USC is a premier destination for clothing, footwear and accessories hosting an unrivalled range of multi-branded fashion across 40 stores nationwide including Diesel, Gstar, Replay, Fred Perry & Lacoste. As such we have an amazing opportunity for a dynamic Own Brand Buyer to join our Womenswear Buying team. You will be product driven and have a real passion for trends combined with excellent negotiation and decision making skills. This is a fast paced role and requires a reactive individual from a similar background.
- Create a commercial innovative range for the USC customer by ensuring net margin by designing and maintaining a coherent price structure, minimising risk and effectively planning for promotion.
- Ensure market awareness by identifying and reacting to trends producing balanced and cohesive ranges and maintaining synergy with other departments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and ensure appropriate manufacturer choice by being aware of market conditions and reacting to changes and developments promptly in line with company strategic plans.
- Undertake research by reviewing sales figures and market activity.
- Proven minimum buying experience of at least 18 months gained at a similar level within a fast fashion retail environment.
- Creative and a demonstrable knowledge of fashion & understanding of USC's target customer.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic to help drive this category even further forward to contribute to the success of the business
- Experience of managing and developing a team.
- A genuine passion for buying, retail and fashion.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention Fashion Monitor when applying for this position.